Want To Keep Healthy, Shiny Hair? How To Keep Your Hair Safe and Prevent Damage
Okay so as girls, we all know that our hair is like our safe haven. Most of us treasure our hair like it’s gold! So you want to keep it nice, healthy, shiny, and good looking right? Well one of the biggest things to take away that nice look and make your hair look damaged and dull is from those of us not keeping it safe when we put chemicals, or heat on it. So here’s some awesome tips for being able to continue to do the things you love to make your hair look good while still keeping it safe!
- First and foremost, a good amount of women use heat on their hair of some type. Whether that be a blow dryer, a flat iron, a curling iron, something. So the most important thing when using heat is that you are using it correctly and that you are using a heat protectant. A heat protectant essentially puts a shield over your hair while using heat that protects your hair.
- make sure you’re using your hot tools correctly! When using a blow dryer, make sure you are using some sort of attachment, whether it is a concentrator, a diffuser, or a pick comb attachment. That makes sure that the heat is not put directly on your hair causing less damage. When using curling irons or flat irons, make sure the heat is not turned up too high.
- You don’t need the heat set to 450 Degrees in order for the iron to work. This is how the heat should be: Fine-Medium Hair: 300-325 degrees, Medium Hair: 350-375 degrees,Coarse Hair: 400-425 degrees
- Next, don’t overdo your heat! Once your hair is straight, don’t keep going over it with the heat over and over, I promise! This is just causing excess damage that is not needed!
- When coloring your hair, if you’re keeping it all the same color, just recolor your roots! Don’t keep pulling the color through your ends as well. Once again, this is causing unnecessary damage on your hair.
- Stay away from drugstore bought hair dyes. Really guys, leave it to the professionals! “Box” Dyes are a metallic dye, which means they contain metal that when you put it on your hair, is cutting up your hair!!! It’s causing SO much more damage on your hair than it’s worth to spend the money to get it done professionally!
Using these tips, you’ll be left with awesome, healthy beautiful hair!