Fall is one of the best times of year. Fashionable boots, campfires, and fun food all make the snap of oncoming cold worth it. Teens can be picky eaters, but there are some great tricks to getting them to explore unique and seasonal dishes. These Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes are a fall foodie favorite that combines the richness of chocolate with with the sweetness and spice of pumpkin.
Dark chocolate chips
1/3 Cup pumpkin purée
1 T vanilla
2 T pumpkin pie spice
Any pancake mix ( I used jiffy baking mix)
Mix calls for:
2 Cups baking mix
2 T vegetable oil
1-1/4 Cup milk
1. Grease your griddle or sauté pan with a tsp of butter and turn on to medium heat.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl add 2 cups baking mix, 2 eggs, 2 T vegetable oil, 1-1/4 cup milk, 1 T vanilla, 1/3 cup pumpkin purée, 2 T pumpkin pie spice, and mix well.
3. Add 1 cup of dark chocolate chips and mix.
4. Pour batter onto griddle and add a few more chocolate chips.
5. Cook both sides and finish off with some pecans and warm maple syrup.
These fall pancakes are so delicious, it’s like having pumpkin pie for breakfast!
|»||Recipe: Delicious Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing - Once Upon A Maritime|
|»||Tips For Cutting Thanksgiving Carbs - Once Upon A Maritime|
|»||DIY: Stuffed Christmas Tree Craft For Kids - Celeb Baby Laundry|
|»||Nick Lachey & Family Visit Disneyland - Celeb Baby Laundry|
|»||Thanksgiving Cat safety Check List – Keep Your Pets Safe During The Holidays! - Cats & Meows|
|»||Easy And Quick Chicken Cat Food Recipe - Cats & Meows|