Don’t Fall In To A Summer Slump – 6 Fun Ways To Burn Calories With Your Friends

Don’t Fall In To A Summer Slump – 6 Fun Ways To Burn Calories With Your FriendsIt’s called summer vacation for a reason, right? Technically when school is out, you’re on a two-month long vacation.  You would think that being summer and all, you would be more active than usual.  But, between catching up on your Netflix queue, sleeping in every day, and hanging out with your friends and lounging outside, everyone seems to get in a bit of a workout slump during summer vacay.

If schools out, you want to hang out with your friends and have fun, not worry about burning calories or making sure you don’t miss a run.  But, what if we told you that you can have a social life, AND stay in shape this summer.  There are tons of activities to ensure you have the best of BOTH worlds this summer.  We put together a list of fun activities you can do with your friend this summer to stay in shape, and we promise that when you are done it won’t even feel like a workout!

Organize A Volleyball Game

Hanging out with your friends doesn’t mean you have to lounge in the house.  You can score cool points with your friends and burn a few calories by organizing a massive volleyball game.  Create an event on Facebook, or send out E-Invites, and let everyone know what park you will be playing at.  If no parks in your area have a volleyball net, you can pick one up pretty cheap at the store, or even get creative and hang sheets over a clothesline.

Obstacle Course

American Ninja Warrior is all the rage these days, and obstacle courses are popping up all over at parks and gyms.  Obviously, you don’t need to be as hardcore as the ninjas on TV, but creating a fun obstacle course at home is a great workout and a great way to bond with your friends.  You can time each other and turn it into a competition.

Hiking

The next time one of your pals want to make plans, instead of the usual movies or mall trip, suggest meeting up at a hiking trail.  Not only will you save a ton of money, but you can gossip uninterrupted, and don’t have to worry about fighting the urge for that large extra buttery popcorn.

Paintball Tournament

Obviously, we don’t recommend participating in a paintball tournament if you are inexperienced and aren’t wearing the proper safety equipment.  But, if you have a paintball gun and/or an eager little brother that is willing to show you the ropes, you might be surprised by how much fun it is.  And, you also might be surprised by how exhausted you are when you get home because of all of the calories you just burnt running around diving for safety all afternoon.

Swimming

The next time you go to the pool or beach with your friends…actually, get in the water.  Laying around and showing off your new bathing suit is cool and all, but you would be surprised how much fun actually getting in the water is, and swimming is one of the most powerful aerobic exercises out there.  Don’t be too cool to get in the pool, hop in and do a few laps, or even bring along a beach ball and convince your friends to join you and play a game.

Dance Class

Have no rhythm and never danced a day in your life?  No problem!  There are beginners classes for a reason, everyone is a beginner at one point.  Dancing is a proven mood booster and great cardio!  This summer ask your BFF’s to sign up for a dance class with you.  Pick something fun like hip-hop, and you might even be able to show off your new moves at a party this summer.

DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER GREAT TIPS FOR HOW TO STAY ACTIVE IN THE SUMMER? SHARE THEM IN THE COMMENTS!

1. Travel Blogger says

Im so busy traveling this summer that I’m already worried about slacking!

2. Julie Syl Kalungi says

Summer Dance Class Lets Zumba Yayy, I dont know about Paint balling coz I hear its painful lolol. am I a woman or mouse huh! Love all the activities 🙂

3. Cindy Ingalls says

Lately I’ve been into 30 day challenges. They are fun and help stop the monotony of working out.

4. Kayla @ TheEclecticElement says

I’m definitely a fan of most of your ideas! Unfortunately I think I’d have to opt out of volleyball or at least have a team that carried me; I’m not a sports person and it shows when I even try! Although I would love to give everything else a go, especially anything outdoors and active.

5. adriana says

Love this!! I swim every day – it’s the best form of exercise and I take full advantage of it in the summer!

6. Liz Mays says

I love these ideas. It would definitely be good to go on a hike sometime soon. There are some nice nature centers nearby.

7. Karlaroundtheworld | Karla says

Nice activities, they should really be a breath of fresh air especially for youngsters. I’m all for obstacles courses especially with Wipeout variants, I can see the laughs and calories go up and down!

8. victoria says

Sounds so fun I would love to organize a volleyball game with my friends.

9. Kathy says

I love obstacle courses! They’re so much fun. I do that with my daughters all the time and they love it. It’s a great way to get everyone involved in something fun.

10. Lori Felix says

I love to go camping in the summer. Not only is it a way to relax when needed but the camp ground I go to has activities throughout the day for all ages so everyone can find something that interests them from playing Bingo, to arts and crafts, to sports and dances.

11. Amy @ Marvelous Mommy says

A paintball tournament sounds fun! I’ve watched friends play, but I have never tried it myself!

12. Robin Ruehrwein says

I would love to take a dance class! Sounds like a fun way to stay active.

13. Aziel Morte says

I love travelling this summer and I bet all my friends wants to organize volley ball

14. Rosey says

That’s a good list. Dancing would be my daughter’s instant fave. 🙂

15. Melissa Bernardo says

I love a good hike and volleyball game. Great ways to stay active this summer!

16. Anosa says

Some lovely ideas you’ve shared, I am hoping to do some paint balling this summer

17. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen says

This is a good list. Summer is the time when the whole family goes on vacation and summer getaways. We explore resorts and beaches.