Tips for No-Melt Summer Makeup

Tips for No-Melt Summer MakeupWho loves summer…raise your hand? Okay, now who loves makeup? Good. Now, who loves makeup that melts all over your face in the summer? Hmmm…no hands this time. No one likes makeup that melts, lipstick that sticks and eyeliner that smears. Here are some great tips for no-melt summer makeup.

Use a primer first

Before you apply anything on your face, apply a primer first. Primers are designed to provide a smooth base for the rest of your makeup. Primers are very light and they are great for holding all your makeup in place.

Avoid liquid makeup

In the summer, you want to stay away from liquid makeup and use a powder or cream instead. Liquid makeup will just end up caking up all over your face.

Use darker cheek color- It is a fact that richer makeup tones last longer, so when summer comes around, use a darker shade of blush. Be sure that you blend your blush in very well. You can also use some blotting paper after applying blush. These papers are designed to lift up the oils from your face, while leaving the pigment behind.

Avoid cream eyeshadows

In the summer, cream eyeshadows by themselves can break down makeup. To help cream eyeshadows stay on, you can apply the eyeshadow first, then apply powder on top to keep in place. You can also try applying an eye primer first and then apply the cream eyeshadow.

Avoid pencil eyeliner

Pencil eyeliners feature wax and as we all know, wax melts in the heat. Instead, in the summer, use a gel eyeliner instead, since it will stay intact and last longer.
Use waterproof mascara- If you are going to wear mascara in the summer, make sure it is waterproof. This will help to ensure your mascara doesn’t run from the summer heat.

Avoid thick lipstick

In the summer, skip the heavy lip gloss and thick lipstick. Instead, apply a clear gloss or lipstick.

Share your thoughts in the Comments section below, on our Facebook Page,  Follow Our Twitter Account or Head Over To Our Pinterest Page!

1. Robin Masshole Mommy says

I don’t wear makeup, so I had no idea it could melt off. Glad there is something that keeps girls “faces” from melting off LOL.

2. Melanie Smith says

You are so right! We have to avoid liquid makeup like foundations, it is not good for this weather.

3. tp keane says

Yes, finally my face wont fall off in the heat. Great tips, I’ll have to put them to the test this weekend.

4. Amy Jones says

Thanks a lot for the tips! I can make use of them since I live in a sunny place all year long

5. Kim Smith says

I agree with all your thoughts. But I admit I rarely wear makeup in the summer. Mascara is my only “must have,” and sunscreen. But you young girls look lovely, I believe.

6. Agnes Dela Cruz says

Try the simplest and natural look make-up when it ‘s summer. It is the easiest to manage and also won’t let you down in looking fresh and clean.

7. Pamela Kuhn says

What great tips! It’s the first time I’ve heard to use a cream make up in the summer. A great take-away tip for me.

8. AnnMarie Brown says

Great tips for wearing make up in the summer. I need to invest in some powder foundation.

9. Tam Gamble says

Living in Italy and spending the summer in 37 degree heat means that I have little desire to wear make up just the thought on adding yet another lay makes me feel hot however, perhaps I need to just rethink what I am using.

10. Kathy says

These are all some great tips. I honestly don’t use much makeup at all. Most of the time I don’t wear it anyways. If I do, it’s just around the eyes, like eyeliner and eyeshadow.

11. Echo says

These are great tips. Generally, I don’t wear a lot of makeup, but I am attending a summer wedding this week! Just in time, lol!

12. Donnabeth says

Thanks for these tips! It is summer half of the year in our country so these tips come handy.

13. kean raph says

I had no idea about make-up, My wife should know about these

14. Eileen Kelly says

I don’t wear a lot of makeup in the summer. I happen to be travelling with my husband and we are dining out a lot. I need to hit the makeup department tomorrow and get some primer and waterproof mascara

15. […] You Might Also Like —> Tips for No-Melt Summer Makeup […]

16. Enricoh Alfonzo says

awesome tips! I will definitely share this with my mom, sister and best friend.