Easy Valentine’s Day Card Holder Craft For Kids
Are you looking for something fun to do for Valentine’s Day? I have the perfect craft for you! This Lips Valentine Holder is perfect for any party you have coming up. It’s also really easy to make and I can imagine it would be perfect for a classroom setting or for doing at home with your kids.
Related: DIY: Make These Cute Valentine’s Day Bookmarks With Your Children
I love it because it is a creative way to make Valentine’s Day fun. With very simple items, you can make this Lips Valentine Card Holder in a flash. A lot of kids have problems sitting still during craft time, with this craft, you don’t have to worry about that. I encourage you to sit down and make this with your kids, they will love it. It is such a fun way to enjoy Valentine’s Day this year.
Easy Valentine’s Days Card Holder Craft For Kids
Affiliate links included below.
What You Need
- Paper plates
- Shades of pink and red craft paint
- Hole puncher
- Red and white twine
- Paint brush
- Black marker
1. Place two paper plates together and cut the top into a scalloped shaped like the top of a heart
2. Place the two paper plates top side together and begin punching holes around the sides except for the scalloped top, make sure your holes line up together
3. Splatter paint on the front of one or both plates and spread the paint around with your paint brush creating a multi-colored look and let dry
4. Now place your two plates back together, lining up the holes and weave a long piece of twine in and out of each hole connecting the two plates, once you reach the other end tie into a knot
5. Cut another piece of twine about 20″ and tie each end into the two top holes creating a rope to hang
6. Draw a line across your plate creating the appearance of lips and fill with Valentines
Do you have a favorite craft you like to make with your children? Share it in the comments below!
Share your thoughts in the Comments section below, on our Facebook Page, Follow Our Twitter Account or Head Over To Our Pinterest Page!
What a fun DIY for the kids! Love that it is budget friendly too.
This reminds me of the card holders we had as kids. This would be a fun craft to do in a classroom.
this looks so cute and easy to do! i like this! im sure my daughter will love this !!
What a cute idea! My son and I will have to make one of these. This reminds me of when I was a kid, and we would spend all morning at school making a little “mailbox” for our afternoon party.
This is really cute! I need to this with my niece, she loves arts & crafts.
You weren’t kidding about the easy part! This is one fun craft and it’s useful too! Valentine’s Day cards are so common, this craft idea is so unique!
That is absolutely adorable. My grand kids are going to have fun making these.
This is really cute! My kids would love to make these. Thank for the great idea.