The Young And The Restless (Y&R) Spoilers: Doug Davidson Says ‘I Think I’m Done’, Another Y&R Vet Exits?The Young and the Restless (Y&R) spoilers reveal that Doug Davidson posted a message to his fans on social media. He announced that after being treated like a “day player” that he is done with the CBS soap. Will viewers be saying goodbye to another vet? Could Paul Williams be making an exit?

Doug Davidson Thanks Fans

Y&R spoilers reveal that Davidson went on Twitter late last night and posted a goodbye message to his fans. He said that he thinks he is done with the CBS soap and doesn’t appreciate being treated like a day player. However, he made it clear that he appreciates his loyal fan base.

“I just want to thank you again for all your support. But I think I am done. After 43 years I am treated like a day player. No bueno.”

The Young And The Restless Spoilers: Paul Williams Exits Again?

This isn’t the first time that Paul has been written out of the soap, but fans worry it could be the last. After a certain amount of time, it gets tiring being a vet and not being treated with value. Fans love veterans and Davidson has been the cast member who has been part of the soap for the longest… since 1976. It’s not clear if the soap has just gotten rid of Davidson, if the actor has quit, or what exactly is going on. But it’s clear that he’s not happy and neither are his fans.

Soap Didn’t Renew Contract Last Year

The Young and the Restless spoilers reveal that in September 2018, a fan asked Davidson on Twitter if he had been let go. He replied that “it seems so.” He added in replies to other fans that the soap was going in a new direction and he wasn’t included in that new direction. Then Davidson returned in 2019 but only appeared in a few episodes and seemed to disappear once again. Then, the same thing happened in 2020.

The Young And The Restless Spoilers: Fans Love The Vets

There seems to be a common theme on all four soaps and that’s not valuing or using the veteran characters. While the soaps are busy adding all these new and younger characters, fans adore the veterans. Fans have commented on Davidson’s post. Some of the tweets include,

“Don’t give up. We love you.”

“I’d love to see you in a Hallmark movie.”

“You deserve to be treated like the Daytime Royalty you are. The show has lost its way.”

“Hopefully they will give u a storyline soon! We don’t need to lose all the long-term people! Just hang in there!”

“You deserve so much better than this, & you are loved by so many of us!”

“GH is even worse – it seems half the people with dialogue are not on full contract. Y&R’s problem is it seems there are the same twelve people on every single week.”

What do you think of what is going on with Doug Davidson? Is this really the last of Paul Williams?

Be sure to catch up on everything happening with Y&R right now. Come back often for The Young and the Restless spoilers, news, and updates.

1. Alice says

Please don’t leave! Love watching you on young and restless. They don’t need to lose any of the good actors and you are one of them.

2. Donna says

Y&R has treated him horribly. Don’t blame him. They bring all of these stupid new people and screw the older ones. I am just done with Y&R after being a fan for 25 years

3. Gail says

I have always loved seeing you on R&R. I wish they would write you in another story line! You were always one of my favorites! Please Stay! If you leave you will be missed!

4. Deborah says

I have watch Y&R since day one. They changed the main families, added new characters with their last names. It makes it seem like us older viewers don’t matter. Lily started as a child and now she is a main character with boring story lines Or is it just the character is boring

5. Barbara Wyatt says

Don’t know what they are doing. Have watched for 40+ years and have seen good story lines killed.
    The death of Sage (Nick’s wife;
    The marriage of Abby and the doctor and mentally ill son of the doctor;
    Sharon’s husband leaving on some assignment. He was Nikki’s long lost son
    Abby’s mother and the doctor when they worked together as chemists for Jack’s company
    Tracy and Lilly’s ex (a special friendship)
    Lily getting out of prison and not reuniting with her family ( just to name a few) I think I am done too)

6. Jane McNeill says

I like what Donna Says what she wrote and I agree 100%

7. Jane McNeill says

I do not know what the writers are doing but YOU DO NOT TREAT PEOPLE THAT WAY AND EXPECT TO KEEP YOU LOYAL VIEWER!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it time to get new writer that care about long time actor!!!!!!!

8. Sandi says

I’m almost done with it but I keep hoping it will improve!!

9. Shirley says

If you are looking to get rid of anyone, please rid us of Adam, phyllis, Summer, Kyle and Lily. Thet are taking up way too much time not doing a thing on this show but taking up space. Sharon could leave with Adam if she keeps playing the idiot she has been made to play. Good riddance.

10. Jean says

I would be so sorry to see Doug go, after being with YR all these years, he’s missed, when they brought him back in 2020 I thought it was for the long haul, it’s sad if this is the end for Paul Williams, God bless, so good seeing you on the show.